Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Fun Food Facts:

"Latkes are of Jewish origin and are always eating during Hanukkah, when foods fried in oil commemorate the miracle of the oil in the synagogue burning eight nights instead of one, during the triumph of Maccabees over Antiochus of Syria, in the second century B.C."

I want to try one of these! "Cardoons, a member of the artichoke family, are eaten mostly in France, Italy, and Spain. Looking more like a broad, flat, bunch of gray-green celery, the cardoons are trimmed of their though, spiky outer ribs, then cooked in acidulated water (water to which a small amount of vinegar, lemon juice, or lime juice has been added), thus preventing discoloration of the vegetable. Like artichokes, they can be dipped in melted butter, fried or mashed, or sliced and served cold in a vinaigrette."

I came across this a few days ago: Onion and Potato. Almost as fun as A Softer World..

I'm finishing up my grad school application materials, which mostly means finishing my portfolio. It's been a lot of work, I had some ideas provided to me to make it a much better body of work, but it's also taking longer and costing more money to produce. Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end! Either way, I'm becoming much more familiar with grommets, eyelets, rivets-and the differences between them. I'll be around much more after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home