Monday, December 06, 2004

THE MAN is getting me down! On Saturday I received a letter from DSHS saying that my benefits had "ended". No reason, no reassurance, nothing to do about it-just that they had ended. I had a frustrating wait over the weekend, and now I'm on hold w/them to find out what the hell is going on. I searched ssa.gov to find out what the deal was, but it's just a constant loop. I think they hate me. I hope the phone doesn't prove to be a loop as well, because that means I'm going down to the office and chaining myself to a desk until someone helps me. Grrr... I swear, a few years ago dealing w/these agencies would nearly give me anxiety attacks, the language in their letters & publications is often very obtuse (ssa, ssi, ssdi...too many similar abbreviations) as well as conflicting information (owning a car may or may not count against you). Why do I have to list "household" income if the members of my household & I do not share finances? Sorry to complain, just wish me luck......

1 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Okay, the issue has been resolved (for the most part). I still have to reapply for medicial benefits, but the reason the cash benefits "ended" is because I'm going to receive a different type starting next month. It would have saved 2 HOURS (!!!) on hold had they just let me know that in the letter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home