Thursday, November 30, 2006

Slate has a review about The Fountain. Even though this isn't really a recommendation, I still want to watch the movie now. I love nonsense.

Someone dropped some money in the hall in front of my desk, and I don't know what to do with it. I hope they come back.

We are running our PC using the Ubuntu operating system. It's pretty interesting, so far everything except for my HP printer will work with it, and it has a lot of different open source applications available. I really like it! I am so used to Apple computers now that when I try to use a Windows PC I find myself frustrated at their slowness/inefficiency/bad design. Ubuntu is a lot better.

Speaking of *we*, Ross is moving down to Eugene to live with me. Yay! I've missed having my partner at home with me, someone to talk to about the crap that goes on it the day, and someone to help with household stuff that I can't manage. It also feels really good to finally admit that I do need help, and that there are some things that I just can't do, or that I don't have enough energy to do it all. There's a lot more to that, but I can't get into it right now.

3 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yay!

But also boo, because now you won't be in Seattle nearly so often. And I don't know how I'll manage to get to Yooo-Jeeen.

But mostly yay, because a Rossless Julie and a Julieless Ross didn't really seem right.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

OH! That is good to hear about Ross!

Yay, Julie. How have you been? It's been a long time. A long long time.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger emily said...

oh, how wonderful!

and ubuntu! fun! i sort of wanted to try installing that on my machine, but for some reason, kevin talked me out of it. i guess i'm sticking with debian (and my built-in debian tech support guy) for now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home