Tuesday, October 03, 2006

More


I fight an almost daily battle with consumerism. I've purchased a book that will help to explain the psychological & cultural implications of want, need, desire (not the naughty kind) & consumerism. I understand some of it already from previous readings, but hopefully this will help. I find it funny that I *bought* this book, and didn't check it out from the library. However, book purchases are usually not guilt inducing. I find when I am busy I don't have such a desire for pretty, pretty things...but spending all this time focusing on DESIGN BEAUTY ELEGANCE ETC makes me start obsessing about how frumpy half of my clothes are, and the fact that I only have one pair of earrings, and that if I could just find the perfect couch life would be complete...

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could almost be this chick. Have you seen this?

http://www.littlebrowndress.com/

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People in Hawaii call lame stuff "junk." Like, "That's junk that you have to stay late today." I say "junk" a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home