Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Saucy Lady

I am not down with sweet tomato sauce on pizza. It's just not right! Spicy is the best, and salty is okay if you must, but I just don't understand sweet.

I'm alive, I'm here again (after a busy time, and then a break from the cyber world). I recently learned that there are a few people who do read my blog. I'd like to encourage you to comment, because I thought I was talking to myself here. I know, I don't always have the most stimulating conversation sparking topics, but I'm sure you can think of something.

Pace.

3 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

But see, tomatoes are sweet.

The sauce made from them will have a bit of sweetness.

Unless you're using crappy tomatoes.

Please don't use crappy tomoatoes.

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Julie said...

But the natural sweetness of tomatoes accented with all kinds of yummy spices is so much better than a can of tomato paste, plus a can of tomato sauce, plus a couple of teaspoons of sugar (or high fructose corn syrup, aka: the delicious devil).

I promise not to use crappy tomatoes whenever possible. And I usually let other people make the pizza sauce.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger emily said...

yeah, sauce shouldn't be sweet on pizza. it's just wrong. i've even had a pomegranate-based pizza sauce that was more savory than sweet.

when i make pizza at home, i tend to forego the sauce altogether and just put olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes on the crust, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home