Thursday, November 17, 2005

Today I had a pizza lunch with a friend who was born and raised in NY, and sure enough, she folded her pizza in half to eat (lengthwise)! I've only seen people do that out of neccessity, or mentioned in writings about NY. For some reason this was interesting to me.

Something else happened involving a greasy food, quite possibly pizza. In arch. school we work on one major project in our studio class, throughout the term. I can't reach the bulletin board over my desk, but I have two desks, so instead of pinning them up I just put all my drawings in tidy piles on my spare desk. Today I arrived at studio to find that all my drawings from this term had been soaked with grease. Big splotches too, and right in the middle, so I can't just cut them out. Luckily our final review is a few weeks away, and I'm still revising, but this means I won't have any "work in progress" drawings to pin up, nor will I be able to show my revision process at the final review. If I explained to each person who viewed it what happened it would be okay, but that would be annoying. If I didn't, they'd just assume that I was a slob (these are huge stains, people). Sigh.

The good news is that I'm feeling less stressed about school. I am planning on cooking as much as I can this weekend, as lately my love for cooking has manifested itself as reading recipes late at night when I should be sleeping. I'm not sure yet what I'll be making, other than a dessert for a school function on Saturday. Any ideas or suggestions? I might be purchasing a dutch oven this weekend, as I have no thick bottomed pots, and it's becoming a problem.

1 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Erik Bishoff said...

It's hard to cook vegetarian crock-pot recipes when you've loaned your book out to someone who wont return it eh?

I'm putting it by the door so I remember it tomorrow!

So about the greasy spots. It wasn't me... I promise! I reserve all my spills and greasy spots for my own work.

*8)

C'ya soon!
Bish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home