Monday, June 13, 2005

I was thinking to myself that it's been a long time since I've been emotionally moved by music.

On further thought, I do recall a few drives to and from school singing along with The Long Winters, but that may just be due to the fact that I can understand the words (not that they don't rock, they do, but you know what I mean).

Do you think you need to be in a funk to be really moved by sad, emotional, depressed, discouraging, crestfallen, woebegone music?

I enjoy Cake because their songs sound happy, but when you listen to the words sometimes the situation is really terrible.

I enjoy my recently developed talent to *not* listen to the words. I used to be words, words, words...

Physics is calling me; "Julie! Calculate this magnetic force, or I'll chain your ass to a desk where you can file paperwork and repair staplers until you develop bladder cancer at 43 1/2...." I'd like to smash it before it completes it's threat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home