Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Returning to Eugene (in about 44 days)...I'm excited! I like Eugene for many reasons, but most of all because (as I said to my art teacher) I think I'm a better person when I'm there. Up here it's easy to get caught up in the materialistic hipster bullshit, but not quite so easy there.

I'm a little scared, I have not lived alone in a long time, but hopefully the part of me that is excited about having my own place will take over and keep me content. We'll see. Oddly enough, I'm not scared about school itself, which should be the hardest part; it's grad school! I guess I'm trusting myself to be okay in that respect.

I want to see Built to Spill in June, but the showtimes are complicated. On June 9th they're playing in Eugene, so I could go down there...but R wouldn't be able to come, and that'd be a lot of gas to burn up. They're playing in Portland on the 10th, which might be nice, I could visit with all my Portland friends & even be in town for my birthday (the next day). But R did mention something about having a birthday party for me here. Or I could wait and see them in Seattle, but they're playing the 16th (I have a final the next day) and the 17th (but I'll be moving the next day). I think Portland sounds the most promising, and I guess I'll just deal with the birthday issues.

I have some sort of BtS curse, the first two times (about 1 yr apart) I tried to see them (even bought advanced tickets) I ended up getting really sick, and giving the tickets away. The last time I saw them was fun, because there were a bunch of young ppl there who were expecting them to look a lot different, and when 4 normal looking guys from Idaho came out, the girlies were shocked. I even heard one comment to her friend about the body odor of Doug Marsch. I was happy, because they backed off and gave me more room. Rock concerts are supposed to stink!

Today is one of those days when my body doesn't like me. I'm going to go self-medicate w/whatever is on our Tivo. Yay Tivo!

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger emily said...

hee. yes! shows are supposed to stink! i hate it when silly girls think otherwise. do they think rocking out doesn't burn calories or something?

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I should implement a no-showering ban in my household the week before all shows. Then I'll always get a good view. :) Bring on the stink!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home