Wednesday, April 05, 2006

ketchup




I'm a bit behind, oh my!

I had the best finals week ever, including attending 5 parties in 6 days. I only had one real final, and since all of my classes are pass/no pass, it wasn't really a big deal. Skipping studio during winter term is a very good thing, as I was witness to much stress & a few breakdowns.

Before heading to Seattle for spring break I stopped in Portland to see Rhett Miller. I had no idea how dreamy he was! I really enjoyed the show, he rocked pretty damn hard. I think he will take the place of Ryan Adams as alt-country demi-god.

Seattle was enjoyable, I visited with friends, ate many good meals, and even had a bonfire. I also got to meet the Lindsey's goats, who are as adorable as I had heard. Bonfires are always a good time, and this one had an extra big of fun that manifested as a drunk Russian teenager. He chose to pull his pants down in front of me to show how "great" his body was & jumped into Puget Sound with the rest of my boys (see picture above). Good times!

The most exciting part of the last few weeks was skiing! I've been wanting to ski since I've been injured, but it just never happened (money, time, injuries, etc). I've gone twice so far, and I may be able to fit one more day in before spring really hits. I tend to rock at adapted sports since I'm considered "high functioning", and this was no exception. It's nice to feel really good at something, my daily attemps at drawing & design aren't usually so beneficial to my self esteem.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you photo shop that guy with the tan in? It's like one of those pictures where you are asked to point out the thing that is not like the others.
Do they have snowboards like that too?

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Julie said...

That was the drunk Russian, and that's his actual skintone. I can attest to that because he chose to pull down his underwear while standing directly in front of me.

No sit-snowboards, just skis. They do have a bi-ski, which has two skis mounted closely together, and a very comfy seat on top. Being a daredevil, I had to go for the less stable rig.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home